The Institute for Strategic Research and Analysis, Zimbabwe National Defence University, Zimbabwe and the School Of International Studies, College of Law, Government and International Studies, Universiti Utara Malaysia take pride in inviting you to send in your abstract for the International Conference on Peace Security and International Studies (ICPSIS) 2018 to be held from 24th to 25th of July 2018 at The Elephant Hills Resort, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
The world is becoming increasingly interdependent. Forces of globalisation are placing increasing constraints as well as availing opportunities on sovereign states. The world’s geo-economic pivot may have shifted to Asia (particularly to China), but the consequences of evolving threats to peace, security and development such as terrorism, recurring armed conflicts, coupled with uneven global rules in the socio-economic arena have impended in one way or the other the socio-economic development and inclusive growth in the global village. Threats that were earlier contained within national boundaries have now assumed transnational and ideational forms, which respect neither state sovereignty nor existing governance frameworks. The resurgence of violent extremism that is being witnessed today has evolved in sophistication with advances in communication technologies. While the challenges facing the world especially the developing world are enormous, a cohesive response to them from a south-south approach has remained elusive. To build an effective Afro-Asian consensus on the global challenges, there is need to take the first step to comprehend the factors that are amplifying and widening fissures in the global order.
At the International Conference on Peace Security and International Studies (ICPSIS) 2018, we seek to probe from a wide range of perspectives of the idea on the above-mentioned issues and challenges and at different levels of analysis. In line with the theme, the conference will highlight contemporary concerns, focus on elements of emerging theory and practice that can serve as catalyst for change, and seek to stave off conflict and disorder.
ICPSIS 2018 aims to:
- Provide a broad networking and interdisciplinary platform for diverse stakeholders including academics, researchers, policymakers, practitioners, and the corporate world, among others in the Afro Asia Community.
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas on contemporary issues such as recent innovations, trends, concerns as well as pragmatic challenges and solutions in global affairs.
- Generate public interest in wide-ranging issues such as peace security and development affecting the global community particularly the developing world.
- Produce Scholarly publications on the issues related to the conference themes.
ICPISIS 2018 welcomes submission of papers that address the main theme:
“Evolving Afro-Asian Synergies on Peace, Security, and International Development
in the Fourth Industrial Revolution Era.”
The conference sub-themes may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Regionalism & International Organisations
- Peace, Conflict and Gender Studies
- Global Economic Relations
- Global Politics & Cross-Cultural Studies
- International Business Strategy
- International Entrepreneurship
- Global Business Management
- Disaster & Crisis Management
- Communication and Media
- Information Technology & Cyber Security
- Defence, Security and Strategic Theories
- Maritime Security
- Foreign Policy & Diplomacy
- National Security & Intelligence
- Strategic Logistics and Defence Management