Call for Papers
ICPISIS 2018 welcome submission of papers that address the main theme:
“Evolving Afro-Asian Synergies on Peace, Security, and International Development in the 4.0 Industrial Revolution Era.”
The conference sub-themes may include (but are not limited to) the following:
Regionalism & International Organisations
Peace, Conflict and Gender Studies
Global Economic Relations
Global Politics & Cross-Cultural Studies
International Business Strategy
Global Business Management
Disaster & Crisis Management
Communication and Media
Information Technology & Cyber Security
Defence, Security and Strategic Theories
Foreign Policy & Diplomacy
National Security & Intelligence
Strategic Logistics and Defence Management
- An abstract submission should include the sub-theme of the conference, title of paper, author’s name, affiliation and corresponding email with a of maximum 300 words and five keywords.
- Include a short biography of the author. For student presenter, please indicate your degree programme i.e. Masters, PhD, etc.
- Send your abstract to the Easychair system by the 31st of March 2018 at this link or through the following URL : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icpsis2018
- Reviews of the abstract will be conducted on a rolling basis.
- Notification of accepted abstract will be on the 21st of April 2018 onwards or within fourteen working days from submission.
- An accepted abstract without a completed paper will ONLY be considered for oral presentation and not included in the conference proceeding.
- Prospective authors should ensure that the full paper is an original work and have not been accepted in a journal or a book, or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Each full paper should be between 5,000 and 8,000 words (including tables, graphs, footnotes and references). The written language of the paper is English.
- All citations and references must follow APA style as depicted at http://www.apastyle.org
- All papers must use the ICPISIS 2018 full paper template that needs to be downloaded and saved to your computer and used as working paper template.
- Full papers should be submitted to ICPSIS 2018 committees via Easy Chair conference system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icpsis2018 by the 24th of June 2018.
- ICPSIS 2018 Proceeding will be published with an ISBN number in CD format. The CD Conference Proceeding will be given to every conference participant. Hard copies will be printed based on demand with minimum cost. The price of the hardcopy proceedings will be announced later.
- Selected papers will be considered for possible publication in our peer-reviewed journal, the Journal of International Studies (JIS); see http://jis.uum.edu.my or the African Journal of Defence and Security
- Conference presenters must deliver their paper presentations in English. Each presenter will have 15 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion.
- The Organizing Committee does not provide paper copies for paper presentations.
- Laptops and projectors for presentation will be provided by the Organizing Committee.
- Presenters are encouraged to save a copy of digital presentation (power points) in the laptops at the conference rooms ahead of the presentations
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceeding. Selected papers will be considered for publication in either of the sponsoring journals:
- Journal of International Studies
- African Journal of Defence and Security
Abstract Submission : 31 March 2018
Abstract Acceptance Notification : 21 April 2018.
Full Paper Submission : 24 June 2018.
Early-Bird Registration : 15 May 2018
Normal Registration : 16 May-24 June 2018
Conference Dates : 24 and 25 July 2018